Monday, March 9, 2009

Contact Juggling

So I have been a contact juggler since the beginning of the millenium. See Contactjuggling.org for what it is or watch a video clip:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27579611

So Contact juggling is what I am remebered for doing more often than not. In highschool I was "the kid with the balls" never mind that they are acrylic. At the (Tampa) Bay Area Renaissance Festival I am "the Bester Jester." And on the rare occasion that I am spotted at Busch Gardens, Tampa, I am the self proclaimed "Ambassador of fun."

It has taken me eight years of steady practice and dedication, but I am finally a contact juggling performer. I practically deserve an honorary doctorate.

The problem with this skill, is that it is more like meditation than a show. I love it. And I am recognized as acomplished (though not the best by far). In spite of my years of servitude to this art I could never make a living just playing with my balls.

*sigh*

No comments: